Digital Certificate Security

Täällä voi höpötellä vaikka yksin, tai miten vaan.

Valvojat: timpe83, -Mika-, oska80

Digital Certificate Security

ViestiKirjoittaja Caitlin Edgar » 14.01.2020 13:51

I've been google'ing about the security of the digital certificates and I wasn't able to find an answer to my question: is it secure to use one private key for the signing of multiple certificates? Thanks.
Caitlin Edgar

Re: Digital Certificate Security

ViestiKirjoittaja Noah Willson » 15.01.2020 11:58

That is exactly what all Certificate Authorities do. SSL servers do the same all the time, and individuals that sign multiple documents with one certificate's private key do this. So of course this is secure.
Noah Willson

Re: Digital Certificate Security

ViestiKirjoittaja Jake Schey » 16.01.2020 15:34

Digital signature is used for authentication, , non-repudiation and data integrity, but there is one weakness of digital signature alone: man-in-the-middle attack.
Digital certificates are electronic credentials issued by a trusted third party. A digital certificate not only verifies the identity of the owner, but also verifies that the owner owns the design company in Malaysia public key.
In this video, I will demonstrate why digital signature has weakness and how digital certificate comes in place to make sure digitally signed document must come originally from the claimed sender.
Jake Schey

Paluu yleisen höpinän alue